I am going to read All I Really Need to Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum. I know. I should have read this long ago, but it just seems that something always got in the way. Anyway, I’m going to read it now.
When I opened the book I came to the section titled To The Reader From The Author. An interesting way for an author to address their public. But it does have some good information that should be taken to heart before beginning the adventure of reading this book.
In this section, Mr. Fulghum prints The Storyteller’s Creed. I’m making a commitment right now to live the rest of my life by this creed.
- I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
- That myth is more potent than history.
- That dreams are more powerful than facts.
- That hope always triumphs over experience.
- That laughter is the only cure for grief.
- And I believe that love is stronger than death.
My challenge to you is to join me in this life changing adventure.
Good night, Mrs. Jackson, wherever you are.